Cucurbit scientists from around the world will convene November 12 – 15 at the University of California at Davis for an in-depth conference exploring new frontiers of research and development in the Cucurbitaceae.
2018 Meeting Highlights
- Three days of oral presentations, themed sessions of invited talks by domestic and international professionals from the public sector and industry to discuss advances and applications for the Cucurbitaceae species
- Poster and invited speaker sessions
- Welcome Reception
- In partnership with Seed Central, squash, olive oil, and honey tasting and Winery/Brewery tours at the UC Davis Robert Mondavi Institute
- Evening Social co-hosted with Seed Central, to include Networking and Panel Discussion. Proposed panel includes a Culinary Scientist, a Squash Breeder, a Culinary Chef, and a Food Industry Chef
- Crop-specific sub-meetings for cucumber, melon, squash, watermelon, and melon powdery mildew
Registration opened in early March and is available at an Early-bird rate of $550 until June 30, Registration increases to $700 per person after July 1. Registration will be available on site at the conference ($900). A discounted student rate of $250 is available for students. Online registration available @ http://ces.ucdavis.edu/confreg/reg/index.cfm?confid=971
Those interested in presenting at the conference may submit abstracts @ https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/516/submission Individuals wanting to present a talk need to have their abstracts submitted by July 1, 2018. Poster abstracts will be accepted until October 1. Conference registration is required prior to abstract submission.
Organizing and Scientific Committees are hard at work planning for a successful and interesting conference. The program is to include a diverse array of cucurbit research topics, such as Genetic Resources, Pathology, Breeding for Resistance, Breeding and Genetics, Genomics, Floral and Fruit Development, and Production and Quality.
Learn about Committee members @ http://cucurbit2018.ucdavis.edu/committee/
View preliminary conference program @ http://cucurbit2018.ucdavis.edu/program/.
Conference sponsors include UC Davis Seed Biotechnology Center, Limagrain/Vilmorin/Mikado/HM.Clause/Hazera, Syngenta, Bayer/Nunhems, Monsanto, VoloAgri, SeedWorld, SeedQuest, Sakata and Rijk Zwaan. Companies with questions about sponsoring CUCURBITACEAE 2018 are encouraged to visit Sponsorship page @ http://cucurbit2018.ucdavis.edu/sponsorship-information/ or contact Julie @ email@example.com.